*This article contains affiliate links. If you are interested in Rodan+Fields products, contact me at the end of the article for information on how to save $.
5 Ways to Maintain Well Hydrated Skin
As the weather changes and the outside air turns cold and dry, the drop-in humidity levels will suck the moisture out of your skin. This makes your skin feel dry, cracked, and scaly. In some cases, your skin might even become chapped, which can be aggravating and even painful. It is best to get ahead of winter dryness before winter dryness gets ahead of you.
To keep your skin smooth and hydrated, a regular skin care routine along with a few simple steps is the key to success.
- Exfoliate skin as often as needed: Exfoliate your face and body 1-3 times a week in place of a cleanser. It sloughs away dulling, dead skin cells and encourages younger, more vibrant cells to the surface for smoother-looking skin.
- Use a humidifier to keep moisture in your home: When heat is turned on in the home the humidity becomes less. The water in your skin evaporates more quickly. The higher the heat, the lower the humidity.
- Always include a moisturizer in your skin care routine morning and evening: This will moisturizer and nourish your skin while protecting you from the drying effects of cold, wind, and dry weather.
- Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day: Drinking water helps rid the body and skin of toxins which can result in more radiant, hydrated, and glowing skin. Unfortunately, caffeinated drinks don’t count, they can trigger the body to eliminate water.
- Reduce Stress: Stress causes a chemical response in your body that makes skin more sensitive. It can cause hives, breakouts, fever blisters, rashes and can cause skin problems such as rosacea and eczema to worsen. Finding ways to cope with stress is essential for your health and well-being.
Planning daily intentional alone time whether it be mediation, devotion, or yoga. Anything that helps you relax and set a positive intention for each day will drastically help with maintaining daily stress.
My basic skin care routine when my face begins to chap.
Throughout the year the redefine line is my skincare jam! During the cooler weather months my sensitive skin instantly starts to chap and flake. The Soothe regimen along with redefine lip serum and eye cream have saved the life of my skin during the skins most vulnerable times.