Cheers to Health! I’ll have a matcha tea please!
*This post contains affiliate links*
When I first learned that matcha tea existed, I was instantly intrigued. As soon as I reached home, I started research on matcha tea and its health benefits. To my surprise matcha had more health benefits than I ever dreamed. The more I learned the more I realized matcha was for me…and you!
Here are the 7 health benefits of matcha tea that stood out to me most:
- Matcha contains L-theanine, which is an amino acid that helps reduce stress and calms your mind.
- There is an excellent source of antioxidants in matcha. In fact, it is said to contain 138 times more than green tea.
- Matcha contains catechins which is known to prevent cancer. (Learn more here)
- Boost your energy with matcha and increase your focus. In comparison to coffee: Matcha might contain less caffeine than coffee, but matcha slowly releases caffeine throughout 4-6 hours. While an energy boost from coffee will last 1-3 hours.
- Matcha helps reduce inflammation which will help you look and feel younger.
- Boost your metabolism with matcha! It will help your body burn calories 4x faster than its normal rate.
- Naturally detoxify your body with matcha. It contains chlorophyll, which is known to naturally remove chemicals from the body.
The grade and brand of your matcha does matter! Through trial and error, I can say, please do not make the same mistakes I made. The type of matcha you purchase is so important. Poor grade matcha can have a fishy taste and smell. Which in my case (sensitive to taste and smell) ends with money down the drain, because it was unbearable to drink.
Here are my favorite brands of matcha!
***Click the link under each photo***
***Side note: Purchasing your matcha from Japan is more important than making sure it is organic.***
You will also need a mixing kit to achieve a smooth texture. I tried with only a spoon at first…it does not work!
And a small circular mixing bowl…
Mix away!!! Stay tuned for my favorite matcha recipes and tips!